Dr. Diane Francœur, obstetrician-gynecologist
First woman elected as President of the FMSQ
President of the Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Quebec from 2006 to 2008, then President of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada in 2014-2015, Dr. Francœur has held the position of President of the Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec (FMSQ) since 2014, the first woman ever to do so. She has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Federation for more than 10 years and, since November 2014, has been a member of the board of directors of the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ). Dr. Francœur also practises medicine in the department of obstetrics and gynecology of the Sainte-Justine University Hospital Center, where she has also been head of department and program director. She also works as an associate clinical professor in the obstetrics and gynecology department of the faculty of medicine of the Université de Montréal.
Dr. Francœur's main fields of clinical interest are pediatric and adolescent gynecology, as well as continuing medical education.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Member of the Collège des médecins du Québec
- Certified by the Directors Education Program of the Institute of Corporate Directors at McGill University
- Master's Degree in Health Care Management from the School of Public Health at Harvard University (Boston)
- Post-doctoral training certificate in Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology from the School of Medicine of the University of Louisville, Kentucky
- Specialized training certificate in obstetrics and gynecology from the Université de Montréal and a doctorate in medicine from Laval University
Other Boards of Directors
- Professionals' Financial Inc. (President of the Board)
- Sogemec Assurances (President of the Board)
- Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (Board Member)
- Quebec Physicians' Health Program Foundation (Board Member)